Sustainable Development is one in which individuals and communities in underdeveloped regions of the
world to raise living standards through profitable products, consistent with minimizing adverse
environmental effects. In the 1980s, the concept of sustainable development emerged as the means by
which biodiversity and natural ecosystems would be saved while enabling humanity to continue to
The concept was first promoted by the World Conservation Strategy (IUCN/UNEP/WWF 1980), a global conservation blueprint that grew from the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment, held in Stockholm in 1972.
Cyclical material use
- Emulate natural cycles; 3 R’s (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle)
Safe reliable energy
- Conservation, renewable energy, substitution, interim measures
- Health, creativity, communication, coordination, appreciation, learning, intellectual and spiritual development
The three Elements of Sustainability followed by the ACN group
Two key sustainable development concepts kept in mind even by the ACN group.
- Quantitative and qualitative limits
- living within the regenerated and assimilative capacities of the planet
ACN group works in an eco-friendly environment. It works for a sustainable environment.
Discover our commitment to improving the health of your neighborhood, through conservation and preservation.
2. Nature & Wildlife
Think globally, but act locally—read about ecological priorities, from the Wildlife Habitat Council to rainforest preservation.
3. Cleaner Manufacturing
Find out how refurbished manufacturing plants are reducing the amount of existing hazardous materials.
4. Air & Climate
Discover why we're a globally recognized leader in emissions technology.